Lesson 12: Recap
Whew! We made it to lesson 12 together! I want to recap the major things that you should be comfortable with by now, as well as give you some additional exercises to practice with.
You should be able to:
- Create a main robot class. (lesson 2)
- Know the methods for robot init, autonomous, teleoperated, and test periods. (lesson 2)
- Be able to control motors using WPI and Robot Library objects. (lesson 3)
- Be able to handle backwards motors (lesson 3)
- Know how to get Axis/Button input (lesson 4)
- Be comfortable with the
HIDobject (lesson 4)
- Know the importance of using Wiring/Calibration objects (lesson 5 and lesson 6)
- Use limit switches (lesson 7)
- Use potentiometers (lesson 8)
- Use pull ups (lesson 9)
- Create a tank drive (lessons 3, 4, and 11.)
- Create a mecanum drive (lesson 11)
- Allow fine and precise motor movements (lesson 10)
- Use the Code Red Library
Driveobject (lesson 11)
- Create a new robot project.
- Create an autonomous mode that drives forward until stopped.
- Created a geared mecanum drive with cubed input that has a "reduce speed" button.
- Don't allow your new mecanum drive to run when a potentiometer is past a value of 2.123.
- Make sure your code is properly structured using a
KeyMapclass, and a
- Test your code on a physical robot and make sure it works.